(runs subject to numbers). Must be booked by 1st June. Cost £1250.00 to include Zoom sessions and online learning modules. This is the same course as delivered virtually but with the opportunity of face to face time. Based in Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant, Wales. Accommodation is available in the village and surrounding areas via Air BNB bookings.
Book early as places are limited or apply to go on waiting list.
To support participants in developing the knowledge and understanding needed to be able to provide support for individuals, and others, in end of life situations.
- Those caring for the family members
- Funeral directors and celebrants
- Carers in care homes
- Professionals requiring a refresher relating to loss and bereavement
- Participant who wish to work as End of Life Doulas (in paid/unpaid roles)
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand how individuals are affected
- Understand the dying and grieving trajectory
- Outline factors that an affect our views on death and dying and the bereavement experience
Course Subjects inc:
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- What is spirituality
- Exploring who You are (Thrive 365)
- Communication skills 1
- The palliative trajectory
- Stages of dying
- Advanced care plans
- Boundaries and Limitations
- Exploring Advocacy, Dignity and Respect, Right to refuse as case studies
- Cultural and religious practices
- End of life care plan
- Social health systems – who to work with
- Basic meditation (mindfulness runs through all 4 modules)
- What is a Doula ?
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.